This month gave me trouble. I think its the first month since starting the LDQB last year that I have legitimately struggled with coming up with something fun or cute or just desirable. Terri asked for 8.5″ blocks using blue, green, and aqua.
I didn’t even take a photo of my first attempt. I tried to paper piece a star & I accidentally stretched the fabric so when it came together it wasn’t even. Yikes. Rather than try to redo it, I just did a separate block that had more of a traditional ‘squares and triangles’ feel to it. It turned out great except that it was 9″, not 8.5″!! By this time it was the end of the month (April was a really busy month for me with not much quilting time available) & I was feeling stressed because I had struck out twice.
So I ended up doing a modified diamond with log cabin surrounding it. In retrospect I wish I had nestled triangles on the corners of the block itself to give it a churn dash feel & mimic the center diamond, but that didn’t occur to me until after I had sent it. Next time!